Old 04-11-2004, 04:14 AM
HPBudlong

Default CYclad

I have a huge cyclad that has been planted too close to the entranceway to my
houe, and it is surrounded by pups. It must be 4 feet tall in the center. Is
there any way to remove it and replant it without killing it?
Helen
Old 04-11-2004, 02:32 PM
David J Bockman

Cycads are easily transplanted, however at the size you describe it should
probably be left to professionals. When they do the job you can split off
the pups and start new ones. )

Dave

Old 05-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPBudlong
I have a huge cyclad that has been planted too close to the entranceway to my houe, and it is surrounded by pups. It must be 4 feet tall in the center. Is there any way to remove it and replant it without killing it?
Helen

Hi Helen,
This site should be helpful.

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1019.htm

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.