GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Canna Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/86019-canna-seeds.html)

Doug Kanter 05-11-2004 02:10 AM

Canna Seeds

So, I'm walking past some cannas today at the hotel where I'm staying in
Long Island, and 5 canna seed pods jumped right into my hand. Really. They
did. The seeds rattle around in the pods, so I'm guessing they're ready to
dry out, be removed, and be planted in the spring. Anyone know if there are
any special tricks necessary with these particular seeds?

starlord 05-11-2004 03:31 PM

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

SIAR
http://starlords.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
So, I'm walking past some cannas today at the hotel where I'm staying in
Long Island, and 5 canna seed pods jumped right into my hand. Really. They
did. The seeds rattle around in the pods, so I'm guessing they're ready to
dry out, be removed, and be planted in the spring. Anyone know if there

are
any special tricks necessary with these particular seeds?

---

Vox Humana 05-11-2004 08:43 PM

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
So, I'm walking past some cannas today at the hotel where I'm staying in
Long Island, and 5 canna seed pods jumped right into my hand. Really. They
did. The seeds rattle around in the pods, so I'm guessing they're ready to
dry out, be removed, and be planted in the spring. Anyone know if there

are
any special tricks necessary with these particular seeds?

Cannas are so cheap and so prolific that I can't see bothering with seed.
If you lived close I could give you a box or two. I have been outside a few
hours here and there digging the rhizomes. They multiply like rabbits.

Gardñ@Gardñ.info 06-11-2004 10:20 AM

"starlord" in
:

I collect seeds to add to my reseach project that I'm doing. Plus it's
fun to see what you get too.

and evolution would be quite limited without sex

Vox Humana 06-11-2004 02:47 PM

" wrote in message
"starlord" in
:

I collect seeds to add to my reseach project that I'm doing. Plus it's
fun to see what you get too.

and evolution would be quite limited without sex

Evolution? You must live in a blue state.

Cereus-validus. 06-11-2004 04:35 PM

What kind of sick twisted freak has sex with Canna seeds?

" wrote in message
"starlord" in
:

MLEBLANCA 07-11-2004 05:38 PM

Evolution? You must live in a blue state.

Unfortunately, I live in a red county in a blue state.
Does that make me a Purple??

Emilie
NorCal

Vox Humana 07-11-2004 10:55 PM

"MLEBLANCA" wrote in message
Evolution? You must live in a blue state.

Unfortunately, I live in a red county in a blue state.
Does that make me a Purple??

Actually, most of the country is purple but it is too much work for the
networks to discuss that fact.