Old 16-11-2004, 11:36 PM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default red or white pointset

FamilyNet Newsgate

Thanks for your response Rob,

The two reds and one white poinsettias were from the same florist
(but I don't know if they got them from different growers) and
were largely keep in the house under my wife's care along with
her other house plants.

We will try them outside this coming summer and see if it helps.

Ciao, Ack.

ATHello! For what it is worth, wild poinsettias have red bracts (the things
ATthat look like petals). All the other color variations have been bred. I
ATdon't think that the color is what made the difference for survival.

ATYou didn't say how you kept your Poinsettias from last year. The things that
ATare apt to kill them are underwatering, overwatering (they like a bit of
ATmoisture, but good drainage), and sudden environmental changes (they're
ATtropical). They probably do better outdoors in the summer but you have to
ATharden them off carefully or they go into shock (typically, they'll drop
ATall their leaves quite suddenly).

ATHave fun and enjoy them.

ATRob

ATTHURSTON ACKERMAN wrote:

AT FamilyNet Newsgate
AT
AT We have had our first freeze here in the Athens of New
AT England. Most of the fantastic fall folliage has fallen.
AT The dalhia tubers have been dug up and put down in the
AT cold celler til next year.
AT
AT In house; our red cacti are in full bloom to help celebrate
AT Veterans Day, while the white blossoms swell to bloom for
AT Thanksgiveing.
AT
AT And we have a white pointetta that has survived, while none
AT of the red pointsetta from last Christmas survived.
AT
AT Are white pointsetta more likely to survive then the more
AT common reds?
AT
AT Ciao, Ack.
AT
AT ---
AT þ SLMR 2.1a þ When winter arrives, can spring be far behind?
AT
AT FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
AT http://www.fmlynet.org

AT--
ATVisit my blog at http://wildestdreamsofkew.blogspot.com.
AT--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
AT * Origin: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com (8:8/2002)
---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ "It is better to be roughly right than precisly wrong"

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org