Old 30-11-2004, 06:41 PM
MIKEnMAR2

Default Iris question

I have a reblooming tall bearded Iris that is sending up a flower shoot right
now in my back yard. I planted these as transplants in July and they didn't
flower this year. Is this something that will affect the plant's health.
Worried it might be using up energy heading into the colder part of winter here
in zone 5 near Chicago. Should I be worried about it?

Old 01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
starlord

This IS about the time of year that rebloomers will try to bloom. What you
might do is wait until it's just starting to open the flowers, cut the stalk
off and put it in water. But no, this will not hurt the iris.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

"MIKEnMAR2" wrote in message
I have a reblooming tall bearded Iris that is sending up a flower shoot

right
now in my back yard. I planted these as transplants in July and they

didn't
flower this year. Is this something that will affect the plant's health.
Worried it might be using up energy heading into the colder part of winter

here
in zone 5 near Chicago. Should I be worried about it?

---