Old 14-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Doug Kanter said:

It's interesting that nobody has quantified the word "small" so far in this
discussion. You say "really small", and I'm thinking grapes, but I'm being a
wise guy. Are you picturing pumpkins the size of lemons? A softball?

OK, "not much bigger around than the palm of your hand (and often smaller
than that), and about half as tall as they are wide." I once toted some I'd grown
in an empty canning jar box (with the dividers in place).

They are edible, very sweet but a little bland and quick to get stringy in storage.
The little single-serving pumpkins are very cute on the plate.

Haven't grown them in several years.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 14-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/13/05 10:34 PM, in article , "Doug
Kanter" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/13/05 1:54 PM, in article
, "dps"
wrote:

putka pods

Thanks! dang those are cute!

Cheryl

Cute vegetables? Uh oh.

Suddenly, I'm worried. Cheryl, tell the truth: Do
you have cow-motif towel pegs in your kitchen?

Nope! Very Mission style all through the house.
Cheryl

Old 14-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Doug Kanter

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Doug Kanter said:

It's interesting that nobody has quantified the word "small" so far in
this
discussion. You say "really small", and I'm thinking grapes, but I'm being
wise guy. Are you picturing pumpkins the size of lemons? A softball?

OK, "not much bigger around than the palm of your hand (and often smaller
than that), and about half as tall as they are wide." I once toted some
I'd grown
in an empty canning jar box (with the dividers in place).

They are edible, very sweet but a little bland and quick to get stringy in
storage.
The little single-serving pumpkins are very cute on the plate.

Haven't grown them in several years.

Palm of your hand.....are you referring to metric palms, or the kinds of
palms measured in inches?

Old 15-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Doug Kanter said:

It's interesting that nobody has quantified the word "small" so far in
this
discussion. You say "really small", and I'm thinking grapes, but I'm being
wise guy. Are you picturing pumpkins the size of lemons? A softball?

OK, "not much bigger around than the palm of your hand (and often smaller
than that), and about half as tall as they are wide." I once toted some
I'd grown
in an empty canning jar box (with the dividers in place).

Palm of your hand.....are you referring to metric palms, or the kinds of
palms measured in inches?

Now you're just being cheeky.

The palm of my size-large-gloved hand. Pretty close to the standard
'hand' measurement ie, 4 inches (or just over 10cm).

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 15-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Doug Kanter

Doug Kanter said:

It's interesting that nobody has quantified the word "small" so far in
this
discussion. You say "really small", and I'm thinking grapes, but I'm
being
wise guy. Are you picturing pumpkins the size of lemons? A softball?

OK, "not much bigger around than the palm of your hand (and often
smaller
than that), and about half as tall as they are wide." I once toted some
I'd grown
in an empty canning jar box (with the dividers in place).

Palm of your hand.....are you referring to metric palms, or the kinds of
palms measured in inches?

Now you're just being cheeky.

The palm of my size-large-gloved hand. Pretty close to the standard
'hand' measurement ie, 4 inches (or just over 10cm).

(attributed to Don Marti)

Not cheeky. Silly. :-)

Old 15-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Doug Kanter said:

[...]

Just one of the things I like about you!

Cheryl