GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seed Mats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/89673-seed-mats.html)

junkyardcat 10-02-2005 04:35 PM

Seed Mats

I'm thinking about taking the lazy gardeners approach this year and I'm
wondering what ya'll think about the pre seeded mats? Are they really as
easy as rolling out the mat, putting a little dirt on top and watering? How
long does it usually take for them to produce flowers?

Any opinions?
Angie in the boonies of East Texas

Callen Molenda 10-02-2005 05:21 PM

junkyardcat" wrote in message
I'm thinking about taking the lazy gardeners approach this year and I'm
wondering what ya'll think about the pre seeded mats? Are they really as
easy as rolling out the mat, putting a little dirt on top and watering?

How
long does it usually take for them to produce flowers?

Any opinions?
Angie in the boonies of East Texas

They do work, and fast, but then you suffer the consequences for years to
come. I thought a few wildflowers would be great until they started taking
over my beds. I'd only use the "mats" in areas where I was trying to
encourage a meadow-like environment.

Callen in VA