Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-02-2005, 05:10 PM
John

Default Small Home Garden Drip Watering Questions

I have been thinking about running a standard garden hose around the
perimeter of a 12' x 30' vegetable garden, inserting tees at several
places along the way so as to reach the 4' x 4' raised beds in the
interior, and placing a short loop of home-center recycled tire soaker
hose in each raised bed. Assuming that I had a timer and pressure
regulator at the water source, do you think this would evenly water the
whole area? Or would a smaller diameter soaker hose be preferable? Is
there some practical limit to the number of tees I should place along
the main line?

I got the idea from seeing the drip irrigation kits on the Internet, but
as I already have the hoses I thought maybe these would work well
enough. Have any of you done something like this?

TIA,

J.