Old 17-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Sysaron

Default Best Tree and Plant Information Web Site?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good Website to find tree and plant gardening
advice and techniques, along with photographs and specific info about
plants on the U.S. western coastal region?

If there only was "Sunset's Western Gardens" book on-line, that would
be perfect.

Thank you everyone.

Old 18-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysaron
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good Website to find tree and plant gardening advice and techniques, along with photographs and specific info about plants on the U.S. western coastal region?

If there only was "Sunset's Western Gardens" book on-line, that would be perfect.

Thank you everyone.
Hi Sysaron,

I know of many sites with plant, soil, compost, mulch, tree, shrub and insect and disease information but they aren't specifically for the west coast of the US so I'm not including them here. My thought here is that the entire west coast is a very large geographic area with many and diverse climates, soils, hardiness zones and geographies. It would be easier to know if you are interested in desert areas, the PNW with it's cool wet winters and dry summers, etc. so I can get you some links for that type of climate. If you want sites about pruning, planting trees or shrubs, how to make compost, how to start and maintain a lawn, environmentally friendly solutions for pest and disease, etc I can give you many, but they aren't specifically for the west coast. Much of the information contained at these sites is applicable for diverse areas of the planet. I would suggest you might want to contact your local extension service for geographic specific info.
http://www.ceinfo.unh.edu/cesites.htm

Here's what I have specifically for the west coast. The first one has many links.
http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/photos/flora/
http://home-n-stuff.net/gardening/socal.html
http://calphoto.com/wflower.htm

Garden Web has forums for just about anything you can think of from 'New to Gardening' to specific areas of the country and some specific states.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 20-03-2005, 06:26 PM
someone

Sysaron wrote in message
news
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good Website to find tree and plant gardening
advice and techniques, along with photographs and specific info about
plants on the U.S. western coastal region?

If there only was "Sunset's Western Gardens" book on-line, that would
be perfect.

Thank you everyone.

Check this site, maybe you will find something useful:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

s.