Old 04-04-2005, 10:26 PM

Default directgardening

DON'T use directgardening.com.
I placed an order in December 2004. ...was told that shipment would be
in the spring. I sent e-mails asking about this order. They told me
that they needed more information. I sent order number. ...no reply.
I sent another e-mail. I called in March to check on the order. Was
told that they would get it to me as soon as possible. It's now April.
I just called and told them I wanted my money back. They said that
they had to have my cancellation in writing. Yes...I was so stupid to
let this go on. Please don't be stupid like me:
DO NOT USE DIRECTGARDENING.COM!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Hey, look at davesgarden.com to see messages from other dissatisfied
customers. You would not believe the horrible stories about this place.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Warren

Hey, look at davesgarden.com to see messages from other dissatisfied
customers. You would not believe the horrible stories about this place.

I skimmed through the messages, and I noticed a couple of them mention that
they charged their credit cards as soon as they received the order. You're
asking for trouble any time you deal with a company that charges your card
when you order, rather than when they ship. At best it indicates a cash-flow
problem at the company. At worst it's a sign that you're about to be
defrauded.

On rare occasions you may find a company wishes for you to pay for an item
before they order from their supplier to protect themselves from being
defrauded. This should only happen for special order items that may not have
a resale value if you cancel before shipping. If you're ordering something
they're in the business of selling, and it's something that can be resold to
another customer, they should not be requesting pre-payment. And in this
case, they should be quoting a delivery date. If they don't quote a delivery
date, you may have trouble getting your money back by challenging the
charge.

Shoddy merchandise happens. Ideally a business should try to satisfy
customers who get shoddy merchandise. But far more important is how a
company deals with your money. Poor money handling is a big, flashing neon
sign pointing towards business problems. Stay away from companies that play
fast and loose with money -- especially your money.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Care for your landscape with Black and Decker cordless tools
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html