GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Source for Bomarea?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92645-source-bomarea.html)

chaz 18-04-2005 04:49 PM

Source for Bomarea??

I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

Doug Kanter 19-04-2005 07:34 PM

How did you conduct your search?

chaz 20-04-2005 02:25 PM

"chaz" wrote in message
I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

I have googled, yahoo'd and msn'd and cannot find a single source.

Doug Kanter 20-04-2005 03:05 PM

"chaz" wrote in message
I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

I have googled, yahoo'd and msn'd and cannot find a single source.

Searched for "bomarea seeds $" (without the quotes) at google, and clicked
"I Feel Lucky". Came up with this:
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...OLIA&cid=2 11

Using the regular search button turned up 1190 results. I included the
dollar sign so maybe it would turn up more sites actually selling the seeds,
rather than only describing the plant.

Doug Kanter 21-04-2005 09:02 PM

I had the same problem with Rheum palmatum many years ago. A friend finally
smuggled some seeds from England. This was before 9/11. Now, if her ploy
were discovered, I'm sure she'd be arrested, tortured and beaten by ze
security agents. One out of five seeds grew. The plant prospered until my
neighbor's late dog dug it up.

Just a thought: Maybe there's a reason you can't find the Bomarea seeds. Is
it possible the it's been placed on an invasive plant list?

well, i cant find it!

chaz 21-04-2005 09:09 PM

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I had the same problem with Rheum palmatum many years ago. A friend finally
smuggled some seeds from England. This was before 9/11. Now, if her ploy
were discovered, I'm sure she'd be arrested, tortured and beaten by ze
security agents. One out of five seeds grew. The plant prospered until my
neighbor's late dog dug it up.

Just a thought: Maybe there's a reason you can't find the Bomarea seeds.
Is it possible the it's been placed on an invasive plant list?

Right now its on the EVASIVE plant list LOL

Thanks for the posting!

chaz

Travis 21-04-2005 10:03 PM

chaz wrote: