GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Old Rose Sources in U.S.? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/93444-old-rose-sources-u-s.html)

Doug Kanter 03-05-2005 07:03 PM

Old Rose Sources in U.S.?

Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy
with? I'm looking for a rambler called "Seagull", and not having much luck
finding it here. Google turns up 8 zillion hits, mostly in the U.K.

Doug Kanter 03-05-2005 09:30 PM

"Richard" wrote in message
Check out this link. It lists several U.S. Suppliers in addition to
those overseas. Ashdown is one of my favorites.

http://helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?i=A5667&tab=16

Richard

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:03:21 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy
with? I'm looking for a rambler called "Seagull", and not having much luck
finding it here. Google turns up 8 zillion hits, mostly in the U.K.

Thanks, Richard.

Doug Kanter 04-05-2005 12:22 PM

"escape" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:03:21 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy
with? I'm looking for a rambler called "Seagull", and not having much luck
finding it here. Google turns up 8 zillion hits, mostly in the U.K.

I don't know anyone in the U.S. who has the experience or selection of
heirloom
and vintage and cemetery and anything roses, anywhere, but he

http://www.vintagegardens.com/

Thanks. There goes my budget. :-)

Doug Kanter 04-05-2005 12:23 PM

wrote:

Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy
with? I'm looking for a rambler called "Seagull", and not having much luck
finding it here. Google turns up 8 zillion hits, mostly in the U.K.

Richard, a local nursery owner gave me this resource and said she's had
absolutely no problem having the plants shipped here (NY) from Canada, where
the place is located.

http://www.pickeringnurseries.com/tw.../web_store.cgi