GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mound Plating a tree or shrub (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/93870-mound-plating-tree-shrub.html)

Sir Topham Hat 11-05-2005 02:55 AM

Mound Plating a tree or shrub

What is a drawback of mound plating a tree or shrub. I kind of like the idea
because:

1) get away with less than optimal soil
2) can use this technique in poorly drained soils

The only negatives I came up with a

1) roots can dry out faster, got to keep the mound well mulched
2) tree not as stable and before the roots get established, the tree could be
felled during high winds.

Mike LaMana 12-05-2005 01:52 AM

What is "mound plating"??

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
NJDEP Approved Forester

Sir Topham Hat 16-05-2005 03:10 AM

Looks like my "n" key after l did not work very well on this post.

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote:

What is "mound plating"??