Old 11-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Sir Topham Hat

Default Mound Plating a tree or shrub

What is a drawback of mound plating a tree or shrub. I kind of like the idea
because:

1) get away with less than optimal soil
2) can use this technique in poorly drained soils

The only negatives I came up with a

1) roots can dry out faster, got to keep the mound well mulched
2) tree not as stable and before the roots get established, the tree could be
felled during high winds.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Mike LaMana

What is "mound plating"??

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
NJDEP Approved Forester

news

Old 16-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Sir Topham Hat

Looks like my "n" key after l did not work very well on this post.

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote:

What is "mound plating"??

[IMG] code is On

How do I remove a mound? Walter Lawns 8 18-03-2005 02:15 PM
Building a mound Cat Gardening 6 10-07-2004 02:03 PM
Disguising Waterfall Mound Broomhilda Ponds 0 08-02-2004 01:28 PM
Ground cover for my Mound leach field? [email protected] Lawns 3 20-11-2003 05:58 PM
grass on a mound style septic field Joe Zorzin Lawns 3 19-06-2003 05:32 PM