Old 13-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Perry Templeton

Default Fertilizer numbers.

I had a friend who had a saying for the numbers in the fertilizer. It went
something like a mini-nursery rhyme. Like maybe roots, fruits, flowers. I
can't remember it, and a google search didn't help.
Thanks.
Perry

Old 13-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Perry Templeton wrote:
I had a friend who had a saying for the numbers in the fertilizer. It went
something like a mini-nursery rhyme. Like maybe roots, fruits, flowers. I
can't remember it, and a google search didn't help.
Thanks.
Perry

Yeah, but your half rememberd rhyme is misleading. The numbers give
percentages (by weight) of nitrogen (N), phosphor(P) and potassium (K).

N: for stems and leaves
P: for roots
K: for flowers

So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?
Old 13-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Warren

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?

I believe it's "Shoots, roots, flowers and fruits."

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Find Black and Decker Landscaping Equipment. Get a Hog:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html

Old 14-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Warren wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?

I believe it's "Shoots, roots, flowers and fruits."

Good -- that rhymes, and has a nice beat.

Now drop the first comma.... :-)
Old 14-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Warren

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
Warren wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?

I believe it's "Shoots, roots, flowers and fruits."

Good -- that rhymes, and has a nice beat.

Now drop the first comma.... :-)

N Shoots,
P Roots,
K Flowers and Fruits.

In context, the first comma should be there. It's not a sentence. It's a
list, and the comma is a list item separator.

--
Warren H.

==========

Old 14-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Leon Trollski

"Warren" wrote in message

In context, the first comma should be there. It's not a sentence. It's a
list, and the comma is a list item separator.

Thank you for the truly insightful contribution. I don't know how I'd cope
without it.

Old 14-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Warren

Leon Trollski wrote:
Thank you for the truly insightful contribution. I don't know how I'd
cope
without it.

I was wondering the same.

Old 15-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Warren wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Warren wrote:

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?

I believe it's "Shoots, roots, flowers and fruits."

Good -- that rhymes, and has a nice beat.

Now drop the first comma.... :-)

N Shoots,
P Roots,
K Flowers and Fruits.

In context, the first comma should be there. It's not a sentence. It's a
list, and the comma is a list item separator.

Right, Warren, I know, now drop the comma, and parse it that way. Makes
a headline-style sentence. :-)

[IMG] code is On

Fertilizer numbers Newbie Bill Ponds 3 27-07-2012 10:11 AM
Fertilizer numbers. Perry Templeton Roses 2 30-05-2005 08:14 PM
Fertilizer numbers Newbie Bill Ponds 0 20-08-2004 03:53 PM
Pump power consumption numbers Andrew Burgess Ponds 0 06-09-2003 11:04 PM
eBay's phone numbers and address EBAY phone number 1-408-558-7400 Gardening 0 22-08-2003 04:22 PM