Old 17-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Anonny Moose

Thanks for the information. Guess it won't hurt to give it a try!
Karen

"Starlord" wrote in message
Weather here in summer is Hot and Dry, and can at times be windy. I use
the local dirt and make it into built up beds about 3inch high. I plant
the iris and I put a thin layer of dirt over the rhizome to keep it from
being dryed out by the sun. When I build the bed, I put down newspaper or
even carpet to help hold water in the soil, then a layer of steer manuer
and then the dirt. I have almost 200ft of water hose I use to even reach
my garden and I use a slow soak way of watering, ( this trailer park has
it's own wells ). Also I use Alfafa hay to make tea for feeding and I mix
in the leftover hay ( you can use pellets or cubes ) mixed into the dirt
too. My iris do good and they bloom like mad.

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

"Starlord" wrote in message
Starlord,
I'm moving to the AZ desert (I guess it is Sonoran desert), 2700'
elevation, summers long and hot. I'd love to take some of the iris I am
growing in Portland to transplant down there but am not sure they will
survive the climate. What is the summer like where you are growing yours?
Karen