Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2005, 09:55 PM
WPB

Default Did I use too much snail bait?

Hello, all: I'm a new homeowner and first-time gardener so you'll have to
forgive questions that no doubt will seem naive and silly.

In any event, I bought some Safer's Slug and Snail Bait because I have
snails in my front garden. Which has some assorted annual and perennial
plants and flowers in it. The box says that it contains ferric phosphate
at .76%.

I spread these pellets throughout the garden, but was a bit concerned that
I had used too much. It's hard to say in a newsgroup how much is "too
much" (like "there are on average 97 pellets per square foot"). For the
sake of argument, let's say I did use too much. Will these pellets hurt my
plants?

I'm not excited about the idea of going out there with a teaspoon and
fishing most of the pellets out.

Many thanks for any information!

David in Toronto