Old 25-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Pat

Default Identify this plant?

Pictures at http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.ph...0Gl67k&i=84226
and http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.ph...0Gl67k&i=84227

Seems to keep returning every year.

Old 26-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Its a perennial Euphorbia species. Will need to see it in bloom to ID which
species.

Old 27-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Pat

Thanks. Try these flower pictures.

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.ph...0Gl67k&i=85814

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.ph...0Gl67k&i=85815

The plants around 4 feet tall with a red trunk/stem. Located in Oregon,
USA. Bees like it.

Old 28-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Pat

Thats it. Thanks

Old 29-05-2005, 02:21 AM
\Fragile Warrior\ Volfie

"Pat" wrote in message
Thats it. Thanks

It's a pretty neat looking plant. Is it considered to be a pest?

Old 29-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Euphorbia lathyris is usually planted as a gopher purge.

Do a Google search for more info on it.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:57 PM
RAINDEAR

i totally disagree about it being a Euphorbia, perennial or otherwise. but,
seems to me, the easiest way to tell is to break off a small sprig of it and
if a milky-white, slippery sap appears, it MIGHT be a Euphorbia...but it
STILL don't look like a Euphorbia to moi.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Cereus-validus.....

You can disagree all you want, goofball, but it doesn't mean anything. Study
up on Euphorbia before making such a silly proclamation. You obviously know
very little about the extent of diversity in the genus.

Pat later posted links to pix showing the plant to be Euphorbia lathyris
without any doubt.