GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mass Quantities of ground cover plants in MA? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94830-mass-quantities-ground-cover-plants-ma.html)

Dave Mitton 27-05-2005 04:04 AM

Mass Quantities of ground cover plants in MA?

I'm looking at putting a ground cover on a 30 ~40 ft section of a slope about
10" wide. I'm tending toward using phlox subulata or stolonifera.

By some rough guesses, I'm looking about over a hundred plants. Depending on
how quickly I want them to fill in.

Where would I be able to buy something like that in the Greater Boston area at a
reasonable price??

Dave.

William W. Plummer 27-05-2005 06:02 PM

Dave Mitton wrote:

I'm looking at putting a ground cover on a 30 ~40 ft section of a slope about
10" wide. I'm tending toward using phlox subulata or stolonifera.

By some rough guesses, I'm looking about over a hundred plants. Depending on
how quickly I want them to fill in.

Where would I be able to buy something like that in the Greater Boston area at a
reasonable price??

Dave.

Sylvan Nursery in Westport, MA is a massive wholesale/retail outlet.
http://www.sylvannursery.com

BetsyB 27-05-2005 10:43 PM

"Dave Mitton" wrote in message
I'm looking at putting a ground cover on a 30 ~40 ft section of a slope
about
10" wide. I'm tending toward using phlox subulata or stolonifera.

By some rough guesses, I'm looking about over a hundred plants. Depending
on
how quickly I want them to fill in.

Where would I be able to buy something like that in the Greater Boston
area at a
reasonable price??

Dave.

Boston Ivy? Keeps down most weeds and fills in nicely.

BetsyB