GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Colorful Hydrangeas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95182-colorful-hydrangeas.html)

brsher 02-06-2005 12:40 AM

Colorful Hydrangeas

How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Thanks....

[email protected] 02-06-2005 02:32 AM

brsher wrote:
How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Acidic soil gets you blue and alkaline gets you pink.

Patrick

Bill R 02-06-2005 02:42 AM

wrote:
brsher wrote:

How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Acidic soil gets you blue and alkaline gets you pink.

Patrick

My neighbors grows them and does nothing and has blue and
pink flowers on the same plant! Here are some pictures of
them from my web site:
http://members.iglou.com/brosen/wgarden1.htm
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Vox Humana 02-06-2005 03:09 PM

"brsher" wrote in message
How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

That's not true of all hydrangeas. And technically, you are not getting
more color when it is true. You are just shifting the color from pink to
blue.