Old 02-06-2005, 12:40 AM
brsher

Default Colorful Hydrangeas

How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Thanks....

Old 02-06-2005, 02:32 AM

brsher wrote:
How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

Acidic soil gets you blue and alkaline gets you pink.

Patrick

Old 02-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Vox Humana

"brsher" wrote in message
How can I get more color in my hydrangeas? I know it has something to do
with the ph factor of the soil, but I'm not sure.

That's not true of all hydrangeas. And technically, you are not getting
more color when it is true. You are just shifting the color from pink to
blue.

[IMG] code is On

Colorful Shrub??? ron Gardening 6 19-02-2008 02:30 AM
Small spaces can bask in colorful trees, too [email protected] Gardening 0 27-04-2006 05:12 PM
Colorful quick growing climbing vines for Zone 8 [email protected] Gardening 5 29-01-2006 04:25 AM
Oramental Grass Seed and colorful kale Tom or Mary Gardening 2 02-08-2005 11:01 PM
Neostylis Lou Sneary 'Colorful Blue' GrlIntrpted Orchids 10 27-10-2003 10:12 PM