GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   injured Agave (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95560-injured-agave.html)

huerochingon 08-06-2005 07:24 PM

injured Agave

I just bought an octopus agave and my dog ran into it and broke one of
the tips so that it's dangling. About 2 inches or so was damaged on the
tip of the leaf. the plant is about 2 feet tall overall and pretty
young, it was just planted 2 weeks ago. Does this kind of damage heal
pretty quickly on these plants or will it look like this for a long
time?

Toni 08-06-2005 07:42 PM

"huerochingon" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought an octopus agave and my dog ran into it and broke one of
the tips so that it's dangling. About 2 inches or so was damaged on the
tip of the leaf. the plant is about 2 feet tall overall and pretty
young, it was just planted 2 weeks ago. Does this kind of damage heal
pretty quickly on these plants or will it look like this for a long
time?

The plant itself will be fine, but that leaf will always be broken.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Cereus-validus..... 09-06-2005 03:28 AM

Its not a problem. Just remove the broken part and the remaining part of the
leaf will heal.

Have that damn dog put on a short chain before the stupid mutt does any more
damage.