GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dieffenbachia questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95967-dieffenbachia-questions.html)

JC 15-06-2005 09:05 PM

Dieffenbachia questions

X-No-Archive:yes

Just bought two Dieffenbachia plants for my screened porch.
Some questions:
How big will they grow?
Do they require much light? Water?
I have a curious cat - are the leaves poisonous?
TIA

Tom Randy 15-06-2005 09:13 PM

On 2005-06-15 16:05:28 -0400, "JC" said:

Dieffenbachia

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/dumbcane.html

Google is your friend...

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can

David Hare-Scott 16-06-2005 09:07 AM

Just bought two Dieffenbachia plants for my screened porch.
Some questions:
How big will they grow?

Maybe 2 to 3 feet, you are not looking for height so much as luxurious
growth of leaves. With insufficient light they will grow taller and less
leafy trying to get to the light. If your porch is cold they will likely
die.

Do they require much light?

Strong light maybe a little filtered sun.

Water?

Yes, mainly in the growing season but they are not too fussy

I have a curious cat - are the leaves poisonous?

Yes

David

JC 16-06-2005 12:27 PM

Thanks for the information - these plants are now going outdoors away
from Sam (the cat)

Natty Dread 16-06-2005 02:55 PM

Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can
never go back to Sea World."

Family Guy rules... :)