Old 15-06-2005, 09:05 PM
JC

Default Dieffenbachia questions

X-No-Archive:yes

Just bought two Dieffenbachia plants for my screened porch.
Some questions:
How big will they grow?
Do they require much light? Water?
I have a curious cat - are the leaves poisonous?
TIA

Old 15-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Tom Randy

On 2005-06-15 16:05:28 -0400, "JC" said:

Dieffenbachia

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/dumbcane.html

Google is your friend...

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can

Old 16-06-2005, 09:07 AM
David Hare-Scott

Just bought two Dieffenbachia plants for my screened porch.
Some questions:
How big will they grow?

Maybe 2 to 3 feet, you are not looking for height so much as luxurious
growth of leaves. With insufficient light they will grow taller and less
leafy trying to get to the light. If your porch is cold they will likely
die.

Do they require much light?

Strong light maybe a little filtered sun.

Water?

Yes, mainly in the growing season but they are not too fussy

I have a curious cat - are the leaves poisonous?

Yes

David

Old 16-06-2005, 12:27 PM
JC

Thanks for the information - these plants are now going outdoors away
from Sam (the cat)

Old 16-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Natty Dread

Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can
never go back to Sea World."

Family Guy rules...

[IMG] code is On

Dieffenbachia MaxMustermann Gardening 4 06-12-2005 11:22 AM
Dieffenbachia compacta MaxMustermann Gardening 2 12-11-2005 05:58 AM
Dripping Dieffenbachia David D. Gardening 4 14-10-2004 12:41 PM
Dieffenbachia/ Dumb Cane FPillar Plant Science 0 02-06-2003 08:08 AM
Dieffenbachia Lemon Tropic Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 0 10-02-2003 01:29 PM