GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Similar blossoms to Dogwood Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96096-similar-blossoms-dogwood-tree.html)

Dee Randall 18-06-2005 03:28 PM

Similar blossoms to Dogwood Tree

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment and
asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I will describe
it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges instead
of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of blossoms. The top of
the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if it might be allergic to the
sun, for better explanation. The blossoms were whitish/green (basically
white and with ever so lightly tinted with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this is
true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

David Bockman 18-06-2005 06:40 PM

"Dee Randall" wrote in
:

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment
and asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I
will describe it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges
instead of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of
blossoms. The top of the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if
it might be allergic to the sun, for better explanation. The blossoms
were whitish/green (basically white and with ever so lightly tinted
with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this
is true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

Dee-- Look at Cornus kousa.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Dee Randall 18-06-2005 08:58 PM

"David Bockman" wrote in message
9.11...
"Dee Randall" wrote in
:

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment
and asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I
will describe it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges
instead of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of
blossoms. The top of the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if
it might be allergic to the sun, for better explanation. The blossoms
were whitish/green (basically white and with ever so lightly tinted
with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this
is true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

Dee-- Look at Cornus kousa.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Yes, indeed, it is either a Japanese Dogwood (or a Chinese Dogwood) as I saw
both pictures online. I saw these trees in CT.
Dee
Shenandoah Co., VA

Lar 19-06-2005 12:56 AM

In article ,
says...
:) This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment and
:) asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I will describe
:) it.
:)
:) The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges instead
:) of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of blossoms. The top of
:) the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if it might be allergic to the
:) sun, for better explanation. The blossoms were whitish/green (basically
:) white and with ever so lightly tinted with green).
:)
:) Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this is
:) true.
:) Thanks so much.
:) Dee
:)
:)
:)
You might also look at Mock Orange... Philadelphus lewisii
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS

Dee Randall 19-06-2005 05:16 PM

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
[...]
Thank you, but I'm pretty sure it's the Japanese/Chinese Dogwood.

Dee

TomKan 22-06-2005 11:24 PM

Don't rule out Crab Apple