Old 21-06-2005, 07:22 PM
cathie

Default Trees

I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the openings my
neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy. The land is
non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it. Does anyone have
any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could plant there to keep my
privacy? The town planted evergreens about 6 years ago and they are just
about dead now.

Old 22-06-2005, 07:41 AM

I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the openings
my
neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy. The land is
non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it. Does anyone
have
any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could plant there to keep my
privacy? The town planted evergreens about 6 years ago and they are
just
about dead now.

Acer rubrum (Red Maple)
Betula nigra 'Cully" (Heritage Birch)
Clethra alnifolia (Summersweet)
Crataegus crusgalli 'Inermis' (Hawthorn, thornless Cockspur)
Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red'
Myrica cerifera (Wax Myrtle) may not be hardy in your zone
Sambucus canadensis (Elderberry)
A slew of willows (Rosegold Pussy; Bankers; Japanese Fantail; Artic
Blue; Black; etc.)

Old 22-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Dick Adams

I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the
openings my neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy.
The land is non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could
plant there to keep my privacy? The town planted evergreens about
6 years ago and they are just about dead now.

Look into Leyland Cyprus to see if it grows in your zone.

Otherwise I'd go with Red Maples.

Dick
Old 22-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Kenny

cathie wrote:
I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the openings my
neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy. The land is
non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it. Does anyone have
any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could plant there to keep my
privacy? The town planted evergreens about 6 years ago and they are just
about dead now.

Perhaps Silver Maples

Kenny