Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Daniel_B

Default Broadleaf plantain

Hello, I live in N. ILL. and have these weeds in my lawn. I never
noticed them before until this year because there weren't that many of
them. This spring has been very dry here and I have some white birch
trees in the yard that I have been watering. There is now a large patch
of them (Broadleaf plantain)under and inside the drip line of the trees
I have been watering. I started to remove them by hand, removing all
the roots, but decided that it would take quite some time to get them
all out. I wanted to use a herbicide but almost all of the ones in the
hardware store say not to use on weeds that are inside of the drip line
of trees. I did try one that didn't have that warning. Weed B Gone Max.
It has been a few days and the weeds are not even wilting. Luckily the
patch of weeds is small enough so after I get rid of them I will only
have to re-seed that small area.
The rest of my lawn seems to be free of them because I haven't watered
it. Am letting it go dormant until good rains come back.
Thanks for any information in ridding my lawn of these pesky weeds.
Dan.

[IMG] code is On

Plantain Hosta pixi Gardening 8 17-04-2004 07:30 PM
Plantain Hosta pixi Gardening 1 17-04-2004 06:02 PM
Plantain Hosta pixi Gardening 6 17-04-2004 02:45 PM
Killex could not kill Broadleaf plantain? lbbs Edible Gardening 3 09-10-2003 03:24 AM
Killex could not kill Broadleaf plantain? lbbs Gardening 3 09-10-2003 03:23 AM