Old 06-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Donna deMedicis

Default Plant ID?

Hey, all! I'm vacationing in Charleston, SC, and on a stroll down the
battery, it was trash day, and this plant was discarded with the trash
of one of those gorgeous houses on Rainbow Row. I don't know if it's a
tropical, perennial, or house plant. Anyone have any idea?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...533930148.jpeg

Donna

Old 06-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Donna deMedicis

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis" wrote in message
link.net...

Hey, all! I'm vacationing in Charleston, SC, and on a stroll down the
battery, it was trash day, and this plant was discarded with the trash
of one of those gorgeous houses on Rainbow Row. I don't know if it's a
tropical, perennial, or house plant. Anyone have any idea?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...533930148.jpeg

Donna

Don't think it's an orchid. The leaves are very succulent like.

Donna

Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Travis

Donna deMedicis wrote:
Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis" wrote
in message
link.net...
Hey, all! I'm vacationing in Charleston, SC, and on a stroll
down the battery, it was trash day, and this plant was
discarded with the trash of one of those gorgeous houses on
Rainbow Row. I don't know if it's a tropical, perennial, or
house plant. Anyone have any idea?
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...533930148.jpeg

Donna

Don't think it's an orchid. The leaves are very succulent like.

Donna

I think Orchid also. What is it planted in? Can you take some more
pictures?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Donna deMedicis

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis" wrote
in message
link.net...
Hey, all! I'm vacationing in Charleston, SC, and on a stroll
down the battery, it was trash day, and this plant was
discarded with the trash of one of those gorgeous houses on
Rainbow Row. I don't know if it's a tropical, perennial, or
house plant. Anyone have any idea?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...533930148.jpeg

Donna

Don't think it's an orchid. The leaves are very succulent like.

Donna

I think Orchid also. What is it planted in? Can you take some more
pictures?

Um, it was "planted" on top of a trash can.

Here's a sideways view -- I had no idea orchid leaves were succulent!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...620157186.html

Donna

Old 06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
alice

"Donna deMedicis" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
[...]

It is a Phalaenopsis orchid.. See
http://www.plantscapingsupply.com/Me...tegory_Code=OA

This is the type orchid it is but probably not the color.
It is commonally called a moth orchid
rec.gardens.orchids can give you even
more information

alice

Old 06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Toni

"alice" wrote in message

It is a Phalaenopsis orchid.. See

Doesn't look like a Phal to me- it has psuedobulbs.

An orchid definitely but we may not be able to get a positive ID until it
flowers.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Travis

Donna deMedicis wrote:
Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis"
wrote in message
link.net...
Hey, all! I'm vacationing in Charleston, SC, and on a
stroll down the battery, it was trash day, and this plant
was discarded with the trash of one of those gorgeous
houses on Rainbow Row. I don't know if it's a tropical,
perennial, or house plant. Anyone have any idea?
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...533930148.jpeg

Donna

Don't think it's an orchid. The leaves are very succulent like.

Donna

I think Orchid also. What is it planted in? Can you take some
more pictures?

Um, it was "planted" on top of a trash can.

Here's a sideways view -- I had no idea orchid leaves were
succulent!
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...620157186.html

Donna

I was asking about in what medium it was planted. Bark or potting soil?
Orchids are often planted in bark.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Donna deMedicis

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis"
wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

Travis -- by the time I found it, it had been ripped from its pot and
the roots were devoid of any kinda planting medium.

Donna

Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Suzy O

Sure does look like an orchid to me.

Suzy O in Wisconsin, Zone 5

"Donna deMedicis" wrote in message
ink.net...

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Travis wrote:
Donna deMedicis wrote:

Andrew Ostrander wrote:
It looks to me like an orchid that has finished flowering.

"Donna deMedicis"
link.net...