Old 08-07-2005, 03:59 AM
DANIEL GENTRY

Default ?? for Travis

Travis,
I lurk here quite often and your advice seems knowledable...let me ask you a
few questions, if you can't answer, then I'm open to anyone elses
suggestions.
This past w/e I put a weeping cherry in my yard..it is approx. 7' tall and
has a stalk of 1 3/4"..I followed the nurserys planting directions and I'm
starting to have concern over the tree..
1. the leaves are curling inward and the branches are dropping, over all
looks are "not well"
2. today I noticed holes in some of the leaves and irregular edges on some
leaves..I fear some type of insect?
3. some of the leaves are turning brown
I took a couple pics.. www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree2
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/tree1

Take alook and any comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Colleen
(I'm in zone 5, upstate NY)

Old 10-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Travis

DANIEL GENTRY wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I'm not much of a tree person but by the looks of your lawn it's
dry where you are so have you been watering the tree? I don't know what
eats cherry tree leaves. Sorry.

I have been ill (not seriously) and then my computer needed a new power
supply so I have been "off-line" for a few days.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5