Old 14-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered User

Location: n/east uk
Default buttercups

part of my garden is being overtaken by buttercups tried digging them out but they just reappear anything i can use to get rid of them permanently thnx in advance for any help
Old 14-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from eddyjack contains these words:

part of my garden is being overtaken by buttercups tried digging them
out but they just reappear anything i can use to get rid of them
permanently thnx in advance for any help

The way you wrote that post suggests you don't pay much attention to
detail and are a bit sloppy. Now go back and dig out those buttercups
again, this time take out every single little teensy bit, above and
below ground. If you miss a few bits, they'll be up again in a week so
go back, check, and get them out.

Janet
Old 14-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Travis

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from eddyjack contains these
words:

part of my garden is being overtaken by buttercups tried digging
them out but they just reappear anything i can use to get rid of
them permanently thnx in advance for any help

The way you wrote that post suggests you don't pay much
attention to detail and are a bit sloppy. Now go back and dig out
those buttercups again, this time take out every single little
teensy bit, above and below ground. If you miss a few bits, they'll
be up again in a week so go back, check, and get them out.

Janet

Buttercups also like it pretty wet are you watering a lot?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 15-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Leon Trollski

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from eddyjack contains these words:

part of my garden is being overtaken by buttercups tried digging them
out but they just reappear anything i can use to get rid of them
permanently thnx in advance for any help

The way you wrote that post suggests you don't pay much attention to
detail and are a bit sloppy.

What, getting lessons from Cereus VainGlorious perhaps?

Now go back and dig out those buttercups
again, this time take out every single little teensy bit, above and
below ground. If you miss a few bits, they'll be up again in a week so
go back, check, and get them out.

Janet

Fingers work better at yankng out fresh tender shoots.

Keep at it and the roots ought to eventually starve and die.

[IMG] code is On

How do buttercups propagate? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 22-06-2006 12:35 PM
buttercups eddyjack United Kingdom 2 15-07-2005 06:38 PM
BUTTERCUPS ARE TAKING OVER THE GARDEN!!!! Mick709 Gardening 1 24-05-2004 06:02 AM
Swamp Buttercups Cynthia Donahey Ponds 1 12-02-2003 01:25 AM