GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How much to remove a fallen tree after hurricane (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/102053-how-much-remove-fallen-tree-after-hurricane.html)

jacky 30-08-2005 08:03 PM

How much to remove a fallen tree after hurricane

Hi
A medium tree fell on my lawn
How much does it cost to right it or remove it?
Thanks you

(sorry if it is no the right news place to ask)

G Henslee 30-08-2005 08:25 PM

jacky wrote:
Hi
A medium tree fell on my lawn
How much does it cost to right it or remove it?

Somewhere between low and high.

Stubby 30-08-2005 10:02 PM

Tree work is expensive because of the equipment involved (rented) and
the insurance and risk. I asked about having several large white pine
trees removed several years ago and the quotes came in around $450 each
or $1000 for 3. (All were struck by lighning, the most common way tall
pines are killed.)

Srgnt Billko 30-08-2005 11:31 PM

"Stubby" wrote in message
Tree work is expensive because of the equipment involved (rented) and the
insurance and risk. I asked about having several large white pine trees
removed several years ago and the quotes came in around $450 each or $1000
for 3. (All were struck by lighning, the most common way tall pines are
killed.)

Really ? I'm removing 80 - 90' trees with a $150 chain saw and an S10
pickup. How big are these "tall pines" ?

Stubby 31-08-2005 12:56 AM

My guess is the trees are about 50'. But they are close to the house,
neighbor's property and utility lines. But even if I could fell them in
the right place, cleaning up the brush is hard. And where do I dump the
logs? Renting a chipper is quite expensive -- a friend guessed at $300
per day.

Srgnt Billko 31-08-2005 01:23 AM

"Stubby" wrote in message
My guess is the trees are about 50'. But they are close to the house,
neighbor's property and utility lines. But even if I could fell them in
the right place, cleaning up the brush is hard. And where do I dump the
logs? Renting a chipper is quite expensive -- a friend guessed at $300
per day.

I'm dumping it at the local resource recovery center. $10 per year for a
permit for non-commercial use. No charge for each load.