Old 30-08-2005, 08:03 PM
jacky

Default How much to remove a fallen tree after hurricane

Hi
A medium tree fell on my lawn
How much does it cost to right it or remove it?
Thanks you

(sorry if it is no the right news place to ask)

Old 30-08-2005, 08:25 PM
G Henslee

jacky wrote:
Hi
A medium tree fell on my lawn
How much does it cost to right it or remove it?

Somewhere between low and high.
Old 30-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Stubby

Tree work is expensive because of the equipment involved (rented) and
the insurance and risk. I asked about having several large white pine
trees removed several years ago and the quotes came in around $450 each
or $1000 for 3. (All were struck by lighning, the most common way tall
pines are killed.)

Old 30-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Stubby" wrote in message
Tree work is expensive because of the equipment involved (rented) and the
insurance and risk. I asked about having several large white pine trees
removed several years ago and the quotes came in around $450 each or $1000
for 3. (All were struck by lighning, the most common way tall pines are
killed.)

Really ? I'm removing 80 - 90' trees with a $150 chain saw and an S10
pickup. How big are these "tall pines" ?

Old 31-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Stubby

My guess is the trees are about 50'. But they are close to the house,
neighbor's property and utility lines. But even if I could fell them in
the right place, cleaning up the brush is hard. And where do I dump the
logs? Renting a chipper is quite expensive -- a friend guessed at $300
per day.

Old 31-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Srgnt Billko

"Stubby" wrote in message
My guess is the trees are about 50'. But they are close to the house,
neighbor's property and utility lines. But even if I could fell them in
the right place, cleaning up the brush is hard. And where do I dump the
logs? Renting a chipper is quite expensive -- a friend guessed at $300
per day.

I'm dumping it at the local resource recovery center. $10 per year for a
permit for non-commercial use. No charge for each load.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:03 AM
Sir Topham Hatt

Tell some looters there are some new Nikes in that tree. I wil be gone before
you can say Marshall Law.

jacky wrote:

Hi
A medium tree fell on my lawn
How much does it cost to right it or remove it?
Thanks you

(sorry if it is no the right news place to ask)

how much grass to remove to plan persimmon tree [email protected] Gardening 0 31-07-2006 04:32 AM
Fallen tree? BE Gardening 6 16-01-2006 07:02 AM
Hope for fallen tree? [email protected] Gardening 4 11-10-2005 08:24 PM
First aid help req! The heads fallen off our Marguerite tree [email protected] United Kingdom 0 14-04-2003 08:44 PM