GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Catalpa tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/11891-catalpa-tree.html)

bentcajungirl 27-03-2003 02:20 PM

Catalpa tree

I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

Peter H 27-03-2003 09:32 PM

Catalpa tree

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

You should be able to find one at a garden center. I doubt that Home Depot
etc. would carry them.

Peter H

C&C Fencing Supply 04-04-2003 08:32 PM

Catalpa tree

Don't have an answer for you, but those catalpa worms are some of the
best Blue Gill/perch bait in existence. :)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:10:35 -0600, "bentcajungirl"
wrote:

I know all the pros and cons about the catalpas. Worm droppings, flowers
making slimy mess. Nonetheless, does anyone know where a catalpa tree can
be purchased?
Perry
bentcajungirl

***********************
We Ship Daily! Come visit our site.
Authorized Dealer - Jake's Wire Tighteners
C @ C Fencing Supply Co.
www.fencingsource.com

Mother Earth 05-04-2003 07:56 PM

Catalpa tree

Check out the nursery at Ty Ty Georgia. They don't have online ordering, but
you can call their toll free number. I've ordered a couple of trees from
them--not catalpa--and they were very good people to deal with. The trees
were just gorgeous when I got them, well packed and lots of roots. They took
off quickly upon planting and are healthy as can be. They do have catalpa
for $6.95 plus shipping for a gallon-size tree.
Check them out at http://www.tytyga.com/main.html.

Mother Earth 05-04-2003 08:08 PM

Catalpa tree

By the way, we used to have a large catalpa at a house we lived in 30 years
ago. It was a beautiful tree, great for shade, and we never saw a worm in it
during the 5 years we lived there.

bentcajungirl 05-04-2003 11:20 PM

Catalpa tree

From what I understand, you (the person) are to physically re-locate a worm
to the tree. I guess they are not as prolific as they once were and we
humans have to help..
Thank you for the link.
Perry
bentcajungirl