GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help ! My spring bulb are being eaten! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/141886-help-my-spring-bulb-being-eaten.html)

Bernard O'Connor 03-04-2006 12:38 AM

Help ! My spring bulb are being eaten!

I believe a rodents of some sort is eating the leaves and tops off of my
Tulips & Crocuses. Shore of atomic how do I stop the little pests!

sherm 03-04-2006 01:34 AM

Bernard O'Connor wrote:
I believe a rodents of some sort is eating the leaves and tops off of my
Tulips & Crocuses. Shore of atomic how do I stop the little pests!

sprinkle human hair, or mothballs, or bobcat or fox urine in and around
that area.
sherm

Steveo 03-04-2006 11:47 AM

sherm wrote:
Bernard O'Connor wrote:
I believe a rodents of some sort is eating the leaves and tops off of
my Tulips & Crocuses. Shore of atomic how do I stop the little pests!

sprinkle human hair, or mothballs, or bobcat or fox urine in and around
that area.
sherm

Dried blood may also be a helpful odor deterrent.

--
30GB/month http://newsreader.com/

sherm 05-04-2006 02:13 AM

Bernard O'Connor wrote:
I believe a rodents of some sort is eating the leaves and tops off of my
Tulips & Crocuses. Shore of atomic how do I stop the little pests!

have to laugh and post this, i came out today and caught the neighbors
dog munching on a daff. woul dhave never expect that.

Eggs Zachtly 06-04-2006 10:43 PM

sherm said:

Bernard O'Connor wrote:
I believe a rodents of some sort is eating the leaves and tops off of my
Tulips & Crocuses. Shore of atomic how do I stop the little pests!

have to laugh and post this, i came out today and caught the neighbors
dog munching on a daff. woul dhave never expect that.

Probably won't be a problem for too long. Daffodil bulbs are highly toxic.
;)

--
Eggs

-A little bit of pain never hurt anyone