GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/149061-re-pic-%40-day-picking-mostly-heirlooms.html)

Eggs Zachtly 26-08-2006 03:52 AM

pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms

Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers. ;)

--
Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?

Steveo 26-08-2006 03:54 AM

pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms

wrote:
Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers. ;)

See the sky about to rain? ($1 Neil) :)

Eggs Zachtly 26-08-2006 04:06 AM

Steveo said:

wrote:
Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers. ;)

See the sky about to rain? ($1 Neil) :)

Speaking of rain, don't jinx it, man! It's been an effin' drought here.
They're talking about maybe a multi-day soaker. Figures, heh. I'm trying to
kill my lawn off, in order to install irrigation and resod the entire
thing. Rain's gonna screw that all up. I'll take it though, for all the
garden beds. =)

--
Eggs

-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Steveo 26-08-2006 04:20 AM

wrote:
Steveo said:

wrote:
Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers. ;)

See the sky about to rain? ($1 Neil) :)

Speaking of rain, don't jinx it, man! It's been an effin' drought here.
They're talking about maybe a multi-day soaker. Figures, heh. I'm trying
to kill my lawn off, in order to install irrigation and resod the entire
thing. Rain's gonna screw that all up. I'll take it though, for all the
garden beds. =)

I hear ya man, we need it here too. It almost never falls at the perfect
time, and it is always much appreciated over here, up until the flood
stage..

You may need to hit it again soon if it still has foliage on it, or maybe
not.

I'm slowly killing the euonymous on the side of my barn in preparation for
paint this fall. Vine from hell is down and -almost- history now. I kinda
let it take over though so it's my fault.

Eggs Zachtly 26-08-2006 02:43 PM

pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms

Steveo said:

wrote:

irrelavent snip

Steveo said:

Speaking of rain, don't jinx it, man! It's been an effin' drought here.
They're talking about maybe a multi-day soaker. Figures, heh. I'm trying
to kill my lawn off, in order to install irrigation and resod the entire
thing. Rain's gonna screw that all up. I'll take it though, for all the
garden beds. =)

I hear ya man, we need it here too. It almost never falls at the perfect
time, and it is always much appreciated over here, up until the flood
stage..

You may need to hit it again soon if it still has foliage on it, or maybe
not.

I haven't hit it with anything, yet. I've just been scalping it and not
watering it, heh. I was going to spray it this weekend, until I saw the
rain coming. Guess I'll hit it sometime this week. Should be ready to level
my yard [1] and sod in October.

I'm slowly killing the euonymous on the side of my barn in preparation for
paint this fall. Vine from hell is down and -almost- history now. I kinda
let it take over though so it's my fault.

Did you plant the euonymous there? =P

[1]. I've two big depressions, where idiots that owned my property
previously thought it would be a nice idea to plant an Ash about 6 feet off
the corner of the deck (which is already fully covered), and a maple about
15 feet from the back of the deck. I'll never understand why people don't
research trees, their MATURE size, and their growth habit, BEFORE they
decide on a species. Taking down fully mature, healthy trees because the
planter wasn't very bright, just drives me nuts.

--
Eggs

A piece of motorway and piece of dual carriage way are enjoying a drink in
the pub. In walks a piece of red tarmac. The motorway whispers to the
carrageway "Come on lets drink up and go before the trouble starts; He's a
cyclepath!"

Steveo 27-08-2006 11:51 PM

wrote:
Steveo said:

Did you plant the euonymous there? =P

Yeah I got flats of it for free about ten years ago and it flourised along
side my barn, the roots are huge like that of a tree now. A real pain to
get rid of it.

[1]. I've two big depressions, where idiots that owned my property
previously thought it would be a nice idea to plant an Ash about 6 feet
off the corner of the deck (which is already fully covered), and a maple
about 15 feet from the back of the deck. I'll never understand why people
don't research trees, their MATURE size, and their growth habit, BEFORE
they decide on a species. Taking down fully mature, healthy trees because
the planter wasn't very bright, just drives me nuts.

I know what you mean, I had the same thing with a big silver maple here
when I bought this place. The tree was planted in 1979 as a foundation
planting!!! sheesh it was a real mess getting rid of it and repairing the
damage it caused.