Old 26-08-2006, 03:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms

Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers.

--
Eggs

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?
Old 26-08-2006, 03:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
Steveo said:

Hey webtv- BIGsnip

Add it to your headers.

See the sky about to rain? ($1 Neil)
Old 26-08-2006, 02:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo said:

wrote:

irrelavent snip

Steveo said:

Speaking of rain, don't jinx it, man! It's been an effin' drought here.
They're talking about maybe a multi-day soaker. Figures, heh. I'm trying
to kill my lawn off, in order to install irrigation and resod the entire
thing. Rain's gonna screw that all up. I'll take it though, for all the
garden beds. =)

I hear ya man, we need it here too. It almost never falls at the perfect
time, and it is always much appreciated over here, up until the flood
stage..

You may need to hit it again soon if it still has foliage on it, or maybe
not.

I haven't hit it with anything, yet. I've just been scalping it and not
watering it, heh. I was going to spray it this weekend, until I saw the
rain coming. Guess I'll hit it sometime this week. Should be ready to level
my yard [1] and sod in October.

I'm slowly killing the euonymous on the side of my barn in preparation for
paint this fall. Vine from hell is down and -almost- history now. I kinda
let it take over though so it's my fault.

Did you plant the euonymous there? =P

[1]. I've two big depressions, where idiots that owned my property
previously thought it would be a nice idea to plant an Ash about 6 feet off
the corner of the deck (which is already fully covered), and a maple about
15 feet from the back of the deck. I'll never understand why people don't
research trees, their MATURE size, and their growth habit, BEFORE they
decide on a species. Taking down fully mature, healthy trees because the
planter wasn't very bright, just drives me nuts.

--
Eggs

A piece of motorway and piece of dual carriage way are enjoying a drink in
the pub. In walks a piece of red tarmac. The motorway whispers to the
carrageway "Come on lets drink up and go before the trouble starts; He's a
cyclepath!"

Heirlooms and food good read Bill who putters Edible Gardening 0 06-06-2010 10:54 AM
Of hybrids and heirlooms David Hare-Scott[_2_] Edible Gardening 3 20-05-2010 12:32 AM
pic - @ day picking mostly heirlooms Jim Ledford Lawns 4 26-08-2006 04:15 PM
SW PA Heirlooms? Ralph D. Gardening 4 19-05-2005 03:49 AM
Tomato Heirlooms Another Thyme Edible Gardening 5 02-02-2003 04:18 PM