GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ping Sarge (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/150254-ping-sarge.html)

Steveo 11-10-2006 09:28 PM

Ping Sarge

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on

Eggs Zachtly 12-10-2006 01:40 AM

Ping Sarge

Steveo said:

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

Sorry, not Sarge, but can't you just drill the rivets off, and replace them
with appropriate-sized bolts? =)

--
Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Steveo 12-10-2006 01:51 AM

Ping Sarge

wrote:
Steveo said:

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism
pop riveted to the case?

Sorry, not Sarge, but can't you just drill the rivets off, and replace
them with appropriate-sized bolts? =)

Yeah so simple right? Wtf would be their reasoning for that besides
quickness off the assembly line and no repair?

I think it's fair to call Briggs and Scrapton -- TRASH. ewe kmew
dat allready dincha?

Srgnt Billko 12-10-2006 01:51 AM

Ping Sarge

"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on

Steveo 12-10-2006 01:53 AM

Ping Sarge

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism
pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Srgnt Billko 13-10-2006 12:48 AM

Ping Sarge

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism
pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole tin
that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the underside.
Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2 on the lower
end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Steveo 13-10-2006 11:58 AM

Ping Sarge

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start
mechanism pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the
whole case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole
tin that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the
underside. Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2
on the lower end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Hrmm..the dude at the local repair joint told me to drill out the rivets,
I'll have to take a closer look at the cover.