Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Ping Sarge

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on
Old 12-10-2006, 01:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Steveo said:

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

Sorry, not Sarge, but can't you just drill the rivets off, and replace them
with appropriate-sized bolts? =)

--
Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop
riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on

Old 12-10-2006, 01:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism
pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Old 13-10-2006, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism
pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole
case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole tin
that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the underside.
Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2 on the lower
end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Old 13-10-2006, 11:58 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start
mechanism pop riveted to the case?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the
whole case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole
tin that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the
underside. Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2
on the lower end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Hrmm..the dude at the local repair joint told me to drill out the rivets,
I'll have to take a closer look at the cover.

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
who just bought a driveway torch? Sarge? and any stories yet? Clark... Lawns 1 06-01-2008 10:36 PM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
Ping-CassBlack area on my new bare roots, should I be worried? A guy named Emil Roses 3 06-02-2003 05:39 AM
Ping: Pam Garden Gal Mark or Travis Gardening 1 02-02-2003 02:02 PM