Old 19-11-2006, 01:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default New sod care

I'm having a new lawn sodded and I currently get my lawn cut every
other week. My "cutter" (not the guys doing the sod) tells me that with
new sod it has to be cut every week. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

Arnie

Old 19-11-2006, 02:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Arnie wrote:
I'm having a new lawn sodded and I currently get my lawn cut every
other week. My "cutter" (not the guys doing the sod) tells me that with
new sod it has to be cut every week. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

Arnie

First, I'd follow the directions of the sod installers, not the guy
that mows your grass. Any grass should be cut as often as it needs to
be, which is going to vary depending on the type of grass and
environment, which we have no way of knowing. A lawn somewhere where
it's a cool overcast Fall now is going to be growing a lot slower than
somewhere where it's warm and sunny. Ideally, each mowing should
remove no more than 1/3 of the grass height.

Old 19-11-2006, 05:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Arnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm having a new lawn sodded and I currently get my lawn cut every
other week. My "cutter" (not the guys doing the sod) tells me that with
new sod it has to be cut every week. Any truth to that?

Thanks.

Arnie

Where are you located and what variety of grass are you having installed?

taking care of new sod d Lawns 4 01-04-2006 01:52 PM
sod care gorf Texas 11 27-05-2004 08:17 PM
WooHooo, getting a new sod lawn installed GamePlayer No. 1058 Lawns 0 04-10-2003 02:24 AM
New sod Pigskin 4skin Lawns 1 11-06-2003 07:09 PM
Advice needed - new sod lawn dying in random patches Bob S. Gardening 0 19-05-2003 06:20 PM