Old 08-03-2007, 07:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Will my Queen Palms make it?

About 18-24 months ago I put two boxes of mature Queen Palms in my
back yard. A single tree was in a 48" box and a 36" box had 3 smaller
trees. They were professionally planted and were thriving.

I live in Las Vegas and we experienced below freezing temperatures for
a couple of weeks. These palms took a beating. The same for others in
the surrounding area. Other types of palms show the freeze burns,
also.

I've trimmed some dead fronds, drilled 1.5 " core holes about 18
inches deep at the drip line. Put in the locally used palm food
(14-4-14 Feb-Oct). I see the inner frond being green, but it has top
damage and I left them to grow out.

Will my Queen Palms make it?

Thanks.

--
Oren

Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Oren said:

About 18-24 months ago I put two boxes of mature Queen Palms in my
back yard. A single tree was in a 48" box and a 36" box had 3 smaller
trees. They were professionally planted and were thriving.

I live in Las Vegas and we experienced below freezing temperatures for
a couple of weeks. These palms took a beating. The same for others in
the surrounding area. Other types of palms show the freeze burns,
also.

I've trimmed some dead fronds, drilled 1.5 " core holes about 18
inches deep at the drip line. Put in the locally used palm food
(14-4-14 Feb-Oct). I see the inner frond being green, but it has top
damage and I left them to grow out.

Will my Queen Palms make it?

I'll tell you, if you tell me the winning lottery numbers for this weekend.

--

Eggs

How can there be self-help "groups"?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lar Lar is offline

Oren wrote:
About 18-24 months ago I put two boxes of mature Queen Palms in my
back yard. A single tree was in a 48" box and a 36" box had 3 smaller
trees. They were professionally planted and were thriving.

I live in Las Vegas and we experienced below freezing temperatures for
a couple of weeks. These palms took a beating. The same for others in
the surrounding area. Other types of palms show the freeze burns,
also.

I've trimmed some dead fronds, drilled 1.5 " core holes about 18
inches deep at the drip line. Put in the locally used palm food
(14-4-14 Feb-Oct). I see the inner frond being green, but it has top
damage and I left them to grow out.

Will my Queen Palms make it?

Thanks.

--
Oren

Queen Palms are ones that can handle below freezing temperatures....
they probably will be fine.

Lar

Queen Palms ACP Gardening 1 20-07-2006 03:59 AM
Queen palms dingodog42 Gardening 0 24-03-2006 09:05 PM
** Queen Palms / 2 dead, 2 dying, 2 alive / Ganoderma / Fungi ?? ** [email protected] Gardening 2 17-03-2005 11:36 AM
Queen Palms..best fertilzer. Brandon Gardening 56 09-06-2004 02:07 PM
Hardy Palms - long (was Trachycarpus Fortunei Palms) [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-11-2002 04:15 AM