Old 13-03-2007, 09:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Back garden looking like a mini swamp.

This past winter has been tough on our lawn. We had a lot of wet snow
and freezing rain which has made my back garden look like a pigs
paradise. Because half of the snow is yet to melt we still have some
standing water.

Is there anything I can do now to try and speed up the recovery of my
lawn?

50/75% of the grass is brown or dead. The rest is bald mud patches.

Any hints or tips would be great.

Thanks.

Old 15-03-2007, 04:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Gus Gus is offline

Mr.JGW wrote:
This past winter has been tough on our lawn. We had a lot of wet snow
and freezing rain which has made my back garden look like a pigs
paradise. Because half of the snow is yet to melt we still have some
standing water.

Is there anything I can do now to try and speed up the recovery of my
lawn?

50/75% of the grass is brown or dead. The rest is bald mud patches.

Any hints or tips would be great.

Thanks.

Wait til it dries and stay off it. Talk to your AG folks. The soil and
geology dictates what you can do. Is the ground frozen underneath and
the reason the water is not peculating?
Old 15-03-2007, 02:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Wait til it dries and stay off it. Talk to your AG folks. The soil and
geology dictates what you can do. Is the ground frozen underneath and
the reason the water is not peculating?

AG folks ?!?!? Sorry not up with the terms !

Old 18-03-2007, 03:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

On Mar 15, 7:28 am, "Mr.JGW" wrote:
Wait til it dries and stay off it. Talk to your AG folks. The soil and
geology dictates what you can do. Is the ground frozen underneath and
the reason the water is not peculating?

AG folks ?!?!? Sorry not up with the terms !

AG is an abbeviation for agricultural. Usually your county extension
service agent, but could also include Master Gardeners who in most
cases have the training & experience for homeowner problems.
Bob S.

Old 18-03-2007, 03:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

AG is an abbeviation for agricultural. Usually your county extension
service agent, but could also include Master Gardeners who in most
cases have the training & experience for homeowner problems.
Bob S.

Thanks Bob, we were hit with another 10 inches of snow this weekend,
so it looks like the ground might be frozen for a little while
longer !

Old 19-03-2007, 03:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

On Mar 18, 8:16 am, "Mr.JGW" wrote:
AG is an abbeviation for agricultural. Usually your county extension
service agent, but could also include Master Gardeners who in most
cases have the training & experience for homeowner problems.
Bob S.

Thanks Bob, we were hit with another 10 inches of snow this weekend,
so it looks like the ground might be frozen for a little while
longer !

You must be in the Northeast. I'm glad to say our temp here in the
sunny south is in the mid 70's. We'll be ready for planting gardens in
another couple of weeks when our last frost is history. The
traditional planting date is always Good Friday, no matter when it
falls.

Bob S.

Old 21-03-2007, 06:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Correct upstate NY!

It was minus 6 yesterday - and no I am not jealous of your 70's. MUCH

Sadly the dogs have managed to destroy what little we had left of our
garden with their muddy footprints covering everywhere.

Looks like it will be back to square 1 for us!