Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Late frost and bermuda

I live in north GA and have a bermudagrass lawn. All has been going
well, grass was greening up nicely and was about 50% green. I aerated
the lawn and a few days later, a freakish late frost came around and
has since turned the grass that was greening up brown again. I have
been holding off on applying fertilizer until the grass had really
started to green up (on the advice of a local expert) and after I had
aerated. I was planning on doing a little restoration of the yard
because it has some thin spots so I decided to aerate and re-seed. I
have yet to reseed but was planning on it soon. I have addded a very
thin sprinkling of topsoil to the thinning areas and raked it in. Im
afraid at this point I may have done more harm than good since the
frost came in. Anyway, now that the grass is brown again, Im not sure
when to fertilize & reseed. Any ideas?

Unseasonable late Frost tonight? Harley Gardening 1 16-05-2009 09:42 PM
Late Frost mw80 Edible Gardening 7 20-05-2008 04:08 PM
Artemisia 'Powis Castle' - late or late? Tyra Trevellyn Gardening 0 05-05-2004 05:05 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Clematis and Late frost ? John Robertson Gardening 0 08-04-2003 02:44 AM