GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newly sown grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/158498-newly-sown-grass.html)

tezgreen 12-05-2007 06:24 PM

Newly sown grass

Hello to all this is my first post.

I have sown some Rolawn Medallion grass on 23rd April and after 3 weeks I have noticed some gaps. When should I reseed as I want to be careful not to damage the young grass thats grown- see attached

tezgreen 12-05-2007 06:29 PM

here is a pictu

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/3weeks.jpg

jjdecay 14-05-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tezgreen (Post 712632)

Hey,mine is exactly the same.I just assumed that i had to sprinkle more seeds after the first time mowing.(havnt tried yet,maybe tomorrow if the weathers ok).
Other than that,havn't a clue.Would also appreciate tips.

tezgreen 17-05-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjdecay (Post 713073)
Hey,mine is exactly the same.I just assumed that i had to sprinkle more seeds after the first time mowing.(havnt tried yet,maybe tomorrow if the weathers ok).
Other than that,havn't a clue.Would also appreciate tips.

I have overseeded on day 22. Just threw the seeds on the gaps and added compost to cover buts of it. Luckily we have had lots of rain and I am due some humid periods too so the mixxture of moist and heat is great.

here is a picture for day 25. Is has thicked up for sure.
I am wondering if the gaps will be filled by the grass roots growing sideways and creating new shoots?

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/25days.jpeg

tezgreen 17-05-2007 01:06 PM

here is the link working!

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/25days.jpg