Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered User

Default Newly sown grass

Hello to all this is my first post.

I have sown some Rolawn Medallion grass on 23rd April and after 3 weeks I have noticed some gaps. When should I reseed as I want to be careful not to damage the young grass thats grown- see attached
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered User

here is a pictu

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/3weeks.jpg
Old 14-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezgreen View Post
Hey,mine is exactly the same.I just assumed that i had to sprinkle more seeds after the first time mowing.(havnt tried yet,maybe tomorrow if the weathers ok).
Other than that,havn't a clue.Would also appreciate tips.
Old 17-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdecay View Post
Hey,mine is exactly the same.I just assumed that i had to sprinkle more seeds after the first time mowing.(havnt tried yet,maybe tomorrow if the weathers ok).
Other than that,havn't a clue.Would also appreciate tips.
I have overseeded on day 22. Just threw the seeds on the gaps and added compost to cover buts of it. Luckily we have had lots of rain and I am due some humid periods too so the mixxture of moist and heat is great.

here is a picture for day 25. Is has thicked up for sure.
I am wondering if the gaps will be filled by the grass roots growing sideways and creating new shoots?

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/25days.jpeg
Old 17-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered User

here is the link working!

http://www.mindseyemidlands.co.uk/25days.jpg

Autumn sown peas Ed Gardening 7 25-10-2008 09:56 AM
Autumn sown peas Ed Edible Gardening 7 25-10-2008 09:56 AM
Autumn sown peas Ed United Kingdom 7 25-10-2008 09:56 AM
Mowing a recently sown lawn LETMO Lawns 3 17-04-2008 10:01 AM
Using Vermiculite on top of newly sown seeds Merryterry United Kingdom 1 11-04-2008 06:16 PM