GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White fuzz (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/159510-white-fuzz.html)

Srgnt Billko 02-06-2007 09:59 PM

White fuzz

Don't know about where you are but here we have been bombarded with white
fuzz floating in the air - either stuff from trees or dandelions. If you
have it also beware that it blocks air flow of motors - mowers, tractors,
etc. I've had to stop a number of times the past few days to pull it off
the screen that prevents it from being sucked into the motor.

Jim 02-06-2007 11:58 PM

White fuzz

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Don't know about where you are but here we have been bombarded with white
fuzz floating in the air - either stuff from trees or dandelions. If you
have it also beware that it blocks air flow of motors - mowers, tractors,
etc. I've had to stop a number of times the past few days to pull it off
the screen that prevents it from being sucked into the motor.

we have the yellow pine pollen in the spring. that stuff is
like a yellow powder and it will block the air flow in a large
major way. blocked air flow kills fuel economy and I really
dislike it when that happens.

Steveo 03-06-2007 02:41 AM

White fuzz

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Don't know about where you are but here we have been bombarded with white
fuzz floating in the air - either stuff from trees or dandelions. If you
have it also beware that it blocks air flow of motors - mowers, tractors,
etc. I've had to stop a number of times the past few days to pull it off
the screen that prevents it from being sucked into the motor.

Damn Cottonwoods to hell. They don't even make good firewood.