Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Bromeliad Collectors

I am a collector of bromeliads and other epiphytes in Florida........
Would like discussion with same. I have hundreds of bromeliads for
sale or trade. You can Google search Jacks Florida Bromeliads, or
perhaps I can put my website link here
a href="http://www.freewebs.com/jacksbromeliads/"Visit My Website/a

Florida has 16 species of native bromeliads, and we are at risk of
losing some of the rarest species due to an invasive pest weevil
nicknamed the " Evil Weevil ", (Metamasuis callizona)--
The weevil entered Florida in a shipment of bromeliads from Mexico
back in the late 80's.......
Two species of bromeliads (Tillandsia utriculata and Tillandsia
fasciculata) havd been placed on the state's list of endangered plant
species as a direct result of destruction from the Mexican Bromeliad
Eating Weevil..........