GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Reliable used pick-up trucks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/161353-reliable-used-pick-up-trucks.html)

breaksthenews 06-07-2007 09:07 PM

Reliable used pick-up trucks

This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

digitalmaster 07-07-2007 10:43 PM

Reliable used pick-up trucks

"breaksthenews" wrote in message
ps.com...
This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ford rangers and Mazda pickups are the same machine.You can usually get the
Mazda a little cheaper than the ranger.

[email protected] 10-07-2007 10:39 PM

Reliable used pick-up trucks

On Jul 7, 5:43 pm, "digitalmaster"
wrote:

ford rangers and Mazda pickups are the same machine.You can usually get the
Mazda a little cheaper than the ranger.

There's a website, something like www.therangerstation.com for people
who are in to Rangers (and Mazdas) of all years, classic, beater-
truck, brand new, you name it. Big for sale section where you might
find something in your area.

ythread 13-07-2007 03:31 AM

Reliable used pick-up trucks

"breaksthenews" wrote in message
ps.com...
This isn't quite a lawn question, but it is related. Plus, I
knew I could count on the collective wisdom of this group.

I am looking to buy a small to medium used pick-up truck between now
and next May. I've only got about $3,000 to $4,000 to spend, but I'm
hoping to squeeze about five good years out of this truck until I can
get a good full-time job.

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you can find one get the Tacoma. It's worth the extra $$. I've owed a
Toyota truck since around 1980. The things never die. Change the tires, the
oil and gas'em up is about all you have to do.