GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   this MI5 crap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/163553-mi5-crap.html)

[email protected] 21-08-2007 12:31 AM

this MI5 crap

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Eggs Zachtly 21-08-2007 03:56 AM

this MI5 crap

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

--

Eggs

Are part-time band leaders semi-conductors?

[email protected] 21-08-2007 09:59 AM

this MI5 crap

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

Yes. And thanks for the reminder. Wasn't thinking I guess.

Eggs Zachtly 21-08-2007 11:19 AM

this MI5 crap

said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

Yes. And thanks for the reminder. Wasn't thinking I guess.

=)

--

Eggs

-Every snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Willshak 21-08-2007 02:09 PM

this MI5 crap

on 8/20/2007 10:56 PM Eggs Zachtly said the following:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search feature,
I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From, or in the
body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering them before I
get them?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Frank 21-08-2007 02:12 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search feature,
I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From, or in the
body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering them before I
get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

Looking at M15 stuff, I get impression that person is mentally
unbalanced with excellent computer skills or he would be in jail or
mental facility by now.

Frank

Willshak 21-08-2007 02:41 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search
feature, I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From,
or in the body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering
them before I get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

No, your OS isn't at fault. It's your newsserver, or newsreader, that is
letting it through.
I just checked the website of my newsserver, and they claim this:

*Powerful spam prevention* — XXXXXXXXX was the first to develop
innovative filtering techniques, designed especially for Usenet spam. As
a result, we lead the industry in eliminating Usenet abuse, so your
users will never be continuously plagued with unwanted content.

Frank 21-08-2007 02:57 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

[...]

Thanks. News server is Comcast. Will have to see what they say.
Frank

Frank 21-08-2007 03:07 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

[...]

Comcast addresses spam for email in their utility and for ng's in OE.
With new IE, OE did not appear to be addressed and Vista pointing to new
MS mail utility. Mozilla and Thunderbird do not appear to carry all the
baggage that MS wants to heap on us. I can work around M15 but it would
be nice to not have to.

Frank

Steveo 21-08-2007 07:25 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search
feature, I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From, or
in the body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering them
before I get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

Looking at M15 stuff, I get impression that person is mentally
unbalanced with excellent computer skills or he would be in jail or
mental facility by now.

Frank

It's a sporge attack, the asshat has been booted from multiple NSP's for it
so he just keeps signing up with a new one everytime. I think this latest
provider has now pulled the plug on him as well.

Frank 21-08-2007 09:18 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?
What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search
feature, I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From, or
in the body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering them
before I get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

Looking at M15 stuff, I get impression that person is mentally
unbalanced with excellent computer skills or he would be in jail or
mental facility by now.

Frank

It's a sporge attack, the asshat has been booted from multiple NSP's for it
so he just keeps signing up with a new one everytime. I think this latest
provider has now pulled the plug on him as well.

Don't think it is sporge. I mistakenly called it M15 but it is MI5.
sci.chem and sci.polymers are being sporged where headers and address
are constantly changing.
Frank

Steveo 21-08-2007 09:29 PM

this MI5 crap

said:

[...]

Yeah maybe crapflooding would be a better term.

JimR[_2_] 03-09-2007 02:04 PM

this MI5 crap

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..

[snip]
Comcast addresses spam for email in their utility and for ng's in OE. With
new IE, OE did not appear to be addressed and Vista pointing to new MS
mail utility. Mozilla and Thunderbird do not appear to carry all the
baggage that MS wants to heap on us. I can work around M15 but it would
be nice to not have to.

Frank

Frank -- recheck setting your filter -- it's not M15 (M fifteen) it's MI5 (M
eye five) -- the British intelligence agency