Old 21-08-2007, 12:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default this MI5 crap

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?
Old 21-08-2007, 03:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

--

Eggs

Are part-time band leaders semi-conductors?
Old 21-08-2007, 09:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

Yes. And thanks for the reminder. Wasn't thinking I guess.
Old 21-08-2007, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

willshak wrote:
on 8/21/2007 9:12 AM Frank said the following:
willshak wrote:
on 8/20/2007 10:56 PM Eggs Zachtly said the following:
said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search
feature, I can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From,
or in the body of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering
them before I get them?

I'm using TB too and ng's are flooded with M15 crap. Filters don't
work. Am using Vista OS and wonder if this is fault.

No, your OS isn't at fault. It's your newsserver, or newsreader, that is
letting it through.
I just checked the website of my newsserver, and they claim this:

*Powerful spam prevention* — XXXXXXXXX was the first to develop
innovative filtering techniques, designed especially for Usenet spam. As
a result, we lead the industry in eliminating Usenet abuse, so your
users will never be continuously plagued with unwanted content.

Looking at M15 stuff, I get impression that person is mentally
unbalanced with excellent computer skills or he would be in jail or
mental facility by now.

Frank

Comcast addresses spam for email in their utility and for ng's in OE.
With new IE, OE did not appear to be addressed and Vista pointing to new
MS mail utility. Mozilla and Thunderbird do not appear to carry all the
baggage that MS wants to heap on us. I can work around M15 but it would
be nice to not have to.

Frank
Old 23-08-2007, 06:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i use OE and killfiled him day 1. only hear about him now through posts like
this one.

said:

Can't anyone do anything about this "MI5" spam?

Thunderbird doesn't have any filtering abilities?

What is the 'M15' spam? I use Thunderbird and using the search feature, I
can't find any message with 'M15' in the header, or From, or in the body
of any message. Perhaps my news server is filtering them before I get
them?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..

[snip]
Comcast addresses spam for email in their utility and for ng's in OE. With
new IE, OE did not appear to be addressed and Vista pointing to new MS
mail utility. Mozilla and Thunderbird do not appear to carry all the
baggage that MS wants to heap on us. I can work around M15 but it would
be nice to not have to.

Frank

Frank -- recheck setting your filter -- it's not M15 (M fifteen) it's MI5 (M
eye five) -- the British intelligence agency

Chicken crap John S. DeBoo Gardening 1 30-04-2003 09:32 PM
Bah. Crap. Damn the Cat. Empty Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 27-04-2003 09:34 PM
"CRAP" - Plants at Wal-Mart [email protected] Gardening 0 21-04-2003 01:32 PM
What to grow in crap half of veg plot Rosie United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 11:30 AM