GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Timing of dethatching and aerating (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1639-re-timing-dethatching-aerating.html)

Ken Shelton 06-12-2002 07:26 AM

Timing of dethatching and aerating

Paul,

The best procedure is to aeriate using a plug type aeriator, then to
dethatch immediately afterward , this will chop up the plugs for faster
dispersal.

Spring and fall is the best time to do this

Ken Shelton

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8825968

"Paul G. Mowrey" wrote in message
I just dethatched my lawn yesterday and want to core aerate as soon as
possible. I was once told that I should wait several weeks after the
dethatching before aerating to avoid shocking the lawn. Yesterday I was
told that I could do both in the same day. Basically, I'm wondering if I
could core aerate next weekend. Also, can you "over-aerate" a lawn?

Thanks