Old 06-12-2002, 07:26 AM
Ken Shelton

Default Timing of dethatching and aerating

Paul,

The best procedure is to aeriate using a plug type aeriator, then to
dethatch immediately afterward , this will chop up the plugs for faster
dispersal.

Spring and fall is the best time to do this

Ken Shelton

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8825968

"Paul G. Mowrey" wrote in message
I just dethatched my lawn yesterday and want to core aerate as soon as
possible. I was once told that I should wait several weeks after the
dethatching before aerating to avoid shocking the lawn. Yesterday I was
told that I could do both in the same day. Basically, I'm wondering if I
could core aerate next weekend. Also, can you "over-aerate" a lawn?

Thanks

Dethatching blade Bob Lawns 3 13-03-2006 03:10 AM
Dethatching Help Paul Gerst Lawns 19 26-05-2005 06:39 PM
Dethatching Solution redclay Gardening 3 11-07-2004 12:03 AM
aerating and/or top-dressing Lucy Texas 5 28-09-2003 02:39 AM
Potatoes and timing will United Kingdom 1 09-02-2003 12:03 PM